Job Openings Sac and Fox Nation of Missouri in Kansas and Nebraska
305 North Main Street
Reserve Kansas 66434
Paraeducator in Violence Against Women The Sac and Fox Nation has an immediate opening for a Youth Violence Prevention Education and Outreach, Summer Employment Opportunity, 1.0 FTE for approximately 9 weeks. The Paraeducator will be responsible for co-facilitating the Violence Against Women program’s summer youth domestic violence and teen dating violence education effort. This is a full time temporary position scheduled to begin May 29, 2018 and terminate July 30, 2018. Anticipated wage: $10.00/hr. No benefits associated with this temporary position. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The Paraeducator will have at a minimum a high school diploma or GED. Must have excellent skills in the areas of: communication, group leadership, tribal community engagement, working with youth, and an advanced understanding of dynamics of domestic violence. Must understand and abide by federal VAWA confidentiality requirements. Must be willing to have a flexible schedule that may include chaperoning youth in educational activities outside of normally scheduled employment hours, but typically between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM. Must possess a valid driver’s license and will be required to complete a background check and drug testing prior to employment. Application form and a more complete job description can be picked up at the Sac and Fox Tribal Administrative Office, 305 North Main Street, Reserve, KS or requested via phone at (785)742-7471 or via email email@example.com. Submit the application form, cover letter, and resume, outlining your skills, background, and interest in the position to Chasity Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a paper copy of the application form, cover letter, and resume, to Julie Simmons, 305 N. Main, Reserve, KS 68434 or fax to (785) 742-3785 no later than 2 PM Thursday 5-17-2018.
Patrol Officer The Sac and Fox Nation Police Department has an immediate full time opening for a Police Patrol Officer. Full-Time Hourly. Depending on funding availability. Non-certified $16, Certified $16.39
POSITION IS: Non-Supervisory
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief of Police, Sergeant
POSITION OF WORK: This position is officed out of Reserve, Kansas and is located in the Sac and Fox Police Department and performs duties in the protection of life and property and the preservation of order on tribal land.
- This position requires the employee to be 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED certification with the employee being expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job within six months in the position or be terminated. Must attend and pass extensive police academy training within one year.
- Must not have been convicted, and not have an expunged conviction, by any state or the federal government or a crime which is a felony or its equivalent under the uniform code of military justice.
- Must be able to pass a background check, physical and complete a psychological examination.
- Must be able to work under adverse working condition relating to public law enforcement. Hazardous and dangerous situations may arise in the apprehension of alleged criminals.
- Must be available for any and all hour/days and be available to rotate shifts if necessary.
- Must have the ability to operate communications equipment, computers, weapons, radar unit, patrol vehicle and related law enforcement equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must live in Richardson County Nebraska or Brown County Kansas.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and a good driving history.
Application form and more complete job description can be picked up at the Sac and Fox Tribal Administrative Office, 305 North Main Street, Reserve, KS 66434 or requested via phone at (785)742-7471 Ext 2500 or via email email@example.com.
Compensation DOE. Open until filled. More information and applications can be obtained at the Sac and Fox Tribal Office, 305 N. Main, Reserve KS (Mon.-Thurs.) or call 785-742-7471, ext. 2500. Provide cover letter, resume and completed employment application addressed to Human Resources Dept. at above address or fax to 785-742-3785.